As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Easy Shrimp Boil Recipe! I love a good shrimp Boil. It is the perfect meal for a summer backyard time with the family or a quick seafood boil for the family dinner.
This easy shrimp boil recipe is a family favorite, my two youngest kids love this shrimp boil. Whenever we are in the mood for some seafood boil, this makes a great meal. We like to eat this dish as a meal, and delve in with our hands.
Shrimp Boil Recipe
For this easy shrimp boil recipe, the main ingredients are shrimps, fresh corn, sausages, and red potatoes. The key to this simple shrimp Boil recipe is adding the different ingredients in phases based on how long it takes them to cook. The potatoes go in first because it takes more time to boil while the shrimp goes in last because it takes the least time to boil.
Sausages- Cut into about 2 inches long
Lemon- cut into wedges
Seafood Boil Seasoning
How to make Shrimp Boil
Combine the water, Seafood Boil seasoning, salt, Bay leaves, Onions and garlic, lemon wedges in a stockpot, and bring to a boil.
Add the potatoes to the pot and boil for 15minutes.
Add the Corn and Sausages and cook for 10 minutes
Put the shrimps to the pot and boil for another 5 minutes or until the color changes.
Cover the pot, turn over the stove and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Drain the broth out of the pot and reserve a cup of broth.
Combine the melted butter, mashed garlic from the pot, and the cup of broth.
Pour the shrimp bowl into a serving platter or on a table covered with newspaper.
Add the chopped parsley, sprinkle a spoon of the seafood boil seasoning or Bbq dry rub and drizzle half of the garlic butter broth over it.
Enjoy with lemon, seafood food seasoning, and the garlic butter.
What goes with Shrimp Boil
This dish can be enjoyed alone. The potatoes, sausages, and corn are so flavorful or it can be enjoyed with other sides like a salad, and bread. It is common practice to layer newspaper on a table and pour the shrimp boil out on the table, sprinkle some seafood boil seasoning, and butter for the whole family to delve in and enjoy the best shrimp boil recipe.
Frequently asked Questions
What corn is best for this recipe?
Fresh corns taste better in this shrimp Boil recipe. Frozen corn can be used in the absence of fresh corn.
What size of Shrimps should I use?
Use the largest shrimps available. This will ensure you have a decent size of shrimp after boiling.
What type of potatoes is best for this recipe?
Red potatoes are best in this recipe. I use the small red potatoes bagged specifically for a seafood boil. Yukon gold can also be used in this recipe, potatoes can be halved or cut into four if big.
What type of sausages should I use?
I use smoked sausages. I like to use andouille sausage because we like the heat, if you do not like the heat, you can use Kielbasa sausage.
Can I use frozen shrimps?
Yes, you can use frozen shrimps. Thaw out shrimps before using.
Should I remove the shell of my shrimp?
You can remove the shell from your shrimps or leave the shells on to boil. But you need to remove the shells before eating. If you choose to remove the shells, leave the tail on.
Do I have to use Old Bay seasoning?
You can use any seafood boil seasoning. Old Bay seasoning is a common store brand that has been around for some time, any cajun seafood boil seasoning can be used.
Other easy recipes On The Blog
If you find this post helpful, rate it, and leave a comment below. I love reading from you.
Easy Shrimp Boil Recipe
- 2 lbs Shrimp Jumbo size
- 1 pounds Sausage cut into 2 inche size
- 1 pounds red potatoes cut into two
- 4 ears corn on the cob cut into two
- ½ cup Seafood Boil Seasoning
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 lemons cut in wedges
- 2 Tablesppon melted butter
- chopped parsley
- 1 Onion cut into 4
- 15 cups water
- Combine the water, Seafood Boil seasoning, salt, bay leaves, onions, garlic, half of the lemon wedges in a stockpot and bring to a boil( about 12-15mins)
- Add the potatoes to the pot and boil for 15 mins
- Add the sausages and corn and cook for 10 mins
- Add the shrimp to the pot and boil for 3-5 minutes or until the color changes
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the broth out of the pot, keep a cup of the broth.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, mashed garlic from the pot and the cup of broth.
- Pour the shrimp bowl into a serving platter.
- sprinkle the chopped parsley, a spoon of seafood boil seasoning or bbq dry rub sand drizzle half of the garlic butter broth mix over it.
- Enjoy as-is or with bread or salad