As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
This spicy potatoes recipe is one of my family’s favorite. Spicy potatoes are flavorful, quick and easy to make. Let me show you how to make cubed spicy potatoes in easy steps.
Potatoes are vegetable, nutritious and alternative to rice, pasta, bread or grains. They make good side dishes.
Some common types of potatoes are red potatoes, russet potatoes, and Yukon gold potatoes. Let me show you how to make spicy potatoes in quick, easy steps.
SPICY POTATOES RECIPE
This recipe is quick and easy. All you need are a few ingredients to get this bowl of delicious awesomeness for you and your family.
With this recipe, you boil your potatoes before putting it in the oven to achieve the golden brown look and to seal in the spices and seasoning.
I like to peel my potatoes sometimes, peeling your potatoes is optional and you do not have to. Potatoes skins are rich in fibre and nutritious. Some of the vitamins that can be found in potato skins are B vitamin, vitamin C, calcium and potassium. Now we know the nutritional facts, let me share with you my failproof spicy potatoes recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR SPICY POTATOES
- 2 lbs of Potatoes (about 6 Potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon of minced Garlic
- 1teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed pepper flakes (optional)
HOW TO MAKE SPICY POTATOES
Peel Potatoes (Optional)
Cut the potatoes into wedges or cubes.
Put potatoes in pot, add cold water and salt. Boil for 10- 12 minutes.
Drain the water and pat dry.
Toss in the garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper and crushed pepper flakes (optional).
Arrange on a baking tray or place in dish and sprinkle the parsley leaves on the potatoes
Drizzle Olive oil on the potatoes.
Place potatoes in the dish/ baking tray into oven preheated to 375 degrees.
Bake in the oven until it is crispy. It should have a nice golden brown look. Usually between 20-30minutes.
Spicy potatoes is ready. Serve and enjoy with dressing of your choice.
If you don’t want to use the oven at all. Follow these steps:
After draining the potatoes. Toss in the chili pepper, paprika, crushed pepper flakes.
Put a saucepan on fire, add the oil and minced garlic.
Add the Potatoes to the saucepan, add the parsley leaves and simmer on very low heat for 5 minutes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if I want more potatoes?
You can double the recipe. If you decide to double the recipe. make sure you double the amount of ingredients.
Do I need to peel my potatoes?
You do not need to peel off the skin of your potatoes. Potato skins are nutritious and high in fibre.
What type of potatoes should I use?
You can use any type of potatoes. You can use Yukon gold, Russet potatoes or red potatoes.
Do I have to use olive oil?
You can substitute the extra virgin olive oil with your oil of preference.
More Posts On The Blog
If you find this post helpful, rate it and leave a comment below. I love reading from you.
Spicy Potatoes Recipe
- 2 lbs Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes optional
- Peel Potatoes( Optional)
- Cut the potatoes into wedges or cubes
- Put potatoes in pot, add cold water and salt. boil for 10-12 mins
- Drain the water and pat dry
- Toss the potatoes in the garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper and crushd pepper flakes
- Arrange on a baking tray or place in dish and sprinkle the parsley leaves on the potatoes
- Drizzle Olive oil on the potatoes
- Place potatoes in the dish in the oven preheated to 375°
- Bake in the oven until it is crispy. It should have a nice golden brown look. Between 20-30 minutes
- Bring out, serve and enjoy as a side dish
- After draining the potatoes. Toss in the chili pepper, paprika, crushed pepper flakes.
- Put a saucepan on fire, add the oil and minced garlic.
- Add the potatoes to the saucepan, add the parsley leaves and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- serve and enjoy!